The Diocesan council of the CSI North Kerala will meet on the 9th of January at Calicut Cathedral to elect the Bishopric Panel.The committee headed by Mr. Jayapal Samuel(The Lay Secretary) is making all arrangements for the conduct of the election.The committee has to tackle several issues in order to conduct the election as per schedule.I would like to draw your attention to the following problems,which could stall the entire election,if not rectified urgently.
1. The Moderator should appoint a commissary urgently in place of the ailing Bishop
2. The ex-communication of six members of the Executive committee including two
presbyters should be withdrawn and they should be allowed to participate in the
3. The representatives of the pastorates of Elamkulam and Kalamassery should be
allowed to participate and vote in the elections.
4. The suspension of Elamkulam and Kalamassery presbyters should be withdrawn.
5. The Moderators Commissary should convene the Diocesan Executive committee
and try and settle all long standing issues by mutual consultations and dialogues.
The Diocesan Officers along with the Moderators Commissary should try and restore normalcy in the Church before the conduct of the election.The situation should be made conducive for the fair and free conduct of Election.At present everything has been deliberately messed up in order to scuttle the election and to prevent a particular person becoming the next Bishop.This situation has to change and the people of NKD should be given a chance to elect their next Bishop.The people of NKD will not accept a person as Bishop from outside, by way of Synod appointment.